Build Room Manager
1Tech Staffing Limited
Build Room Manager
Milton Keynes – up to £40k
We are looking to recruit an IT build room manager for one of the fastest growing IT solution and services providers in the UK.
Working within an ever changing, fast paced IT environment you will focus on managing IT support and build room workloads to meet business demand.
The ideal candidate will have demonstratable experience in a similar role, supporting internal and external customers and be able to manage multiple senior stakeholders.
You should also be proficient at diagnosing and resolving complex technical problems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage up to five direct IT Build room engineers providing regular coaching and performance reviews along with mapping out team development paths
- Manage and prioritise workloads via a Service Desk ticket management system
- Work closely with business senior leadership to understand business and work priority and strategy
- Hardware and software builds for client and server-side technology
- Hardware break-fix services
- Setting up workstations
- Installing, configuring, and managing internal IT networking, security, and other related equipment
- Support Buildroom team colleagues to meet deadlines and manage workloads efficiently
- Desktop, Laptop and Printer break-fix
- Incident and problem resolution for services escalated from the Service Desk or generated via automated monitoring systems
- Stock management
- Hands on – break/fix and hardware upgrade experience is a must
- First to third-line technical support experience using Service Desk software
- Previous management of support/build teams in high pressure environments
- Ability to efficiently manage last minute priority changes and workloads effectively
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Can identify, recommend, and amend inefficient work tasks and processes to improve efficiency
- Ability/willingness to learn and prioritise workload
- A broad technical knowledge of PC’s/peripherals and their architecture
- Good working knowledge of current software packages
- Good working knowledge of operating system
- Accredited in relevant manufacturers hardware qualification
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Ability to work on own initiative, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment
- Ability to diagnose faults in the hardware/software/operating systems used
- Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding organisation who are big on culture, big on teamwork and big on rewards. Interviews will be taking place from next week so please get in touch with your CV!